Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ka3 Steering
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
jasongawn75
Hi everyone Im new to this site just wondered if anyone has changed a tie rod arm on a power steering rack, I have a KA3 on a R reg plate and on the drivers side I have some play in the rack, I have been told that unless it is leaking fluid then I can just change the arm but I have never done one before and wondered if anyone had done one, is there like a C clip or some thing or does it screw in? Need to sort it out as the M.O.T has run out I hope some one can help.

Regards

Jason :huh:
btmaldon
To be honest, I would let a garage do it as you would have to get the tracking done afterwards anyway. It shouldn't cost a lot for a job like that.
delboy
pop a picture up on here so we can see the culprit & i can give more advice m8
jasongawn75
[quote name='delboy' timestamp='1305610409' post='127618']
pop a picture up on here so we can see the culprit & i can give more advice m8
[/quote]

I have circled the culprit and have been told that you can just change this unless the steering is leaking or has been damaged, only got the car at christmas so i do not know if this has been damaged? Just want to know how these come off the rack.

Hope you can help.

Jason

Full Colour Version: Ka3 Steering
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.