Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boot Floor Cover Retainers
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
Graham Hinton
Hi all,

I'm just about to buy (almost certainly) a 56-Reg 2.0 TDCi. However the boot floor cover that is supposed to be attached to the back of the 3rd row seats doesn't stay clipped in, which really irritates my wife. For some reason the retaining clips won't stay in place. Is this a problem anybody else has come across, and how have you solved it? I know that this is a pretty minor irritation compared to the issues that others have raised, but, as I said, it really irritates my wife, and I want to avoid an irritated wife! I can manage to irritate her on my own without any assistance from a car!
Cheers all.
It's a very common problem on the early smaxes. The clips are made from very soft nylon and the tips of the clip simply wear away and no longer hold the carpet to the seat back. On 2007+ models they did away with these rubbish parts and fitted magnetic clips instead - it's very easy to change to the later magnetic parts - you can buy them from your ford dealer quite cheap.

Full Colour Version: Boot Floor Cover Retainers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.