Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Use Remote Key Fob To Close Windows?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
TrafficPilot
Hello all newbie here please be gentle..

I did perform a search but couldn't find similar posts so this is probably a really silly question:

I bought my 10 plate 1.6TDCi Zetec Focus last month from Ford Direct. I have two remote locking key fobs, both with a key that flicks out when you press a button on the side of the fob.

Despite reading (and reading again and again) the instruction manual (and doing what it says..repeatedly) I cannot seem to close my front electric windows when I lock/double lock the car using the remote key fob!

Is this a feature only found on more expensive models? Any ideas or extra simple instructions? I really miss the feature as my previous car (VW Corrado) also had the feature.
Leemaxd
I think it's only a feature on the more expensive models like the titanium, hope I am wrong though because it may be on mine as well.
TrafficPilot
Oh poo.

The instruction book is pretty unclear as to what extras are fitted to which models:(

But apart from that it's a fantastic car. Handling is amazing (and this from an ex VW Corrado VR6 owner:))
jeebowhite
[quote name='TrafficPilot' timestamp='1305911374' post='128206']
Oh poo.

The instruction book is pretty unclear as to what extras are fitted to which models:(

But apart from that it's a fantastic car. Handling is amazing (and this from an ex VW Corrado VR6 owner:))
[/quote]

Unfortunately it is Ghia / Titanium Spec only.
TrafficPilot
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1305911448' post='128207']
Unfortunately it is Ghia / Titanium Spec only.
[/quote]

Ah pity. Oh well back to manual window closing for me then!

I did like the look of the Titanium editions but I don't think they feature sports suspension like my 1.6TDCi Zetec does so I prefer to have that over the other extras.
Sara Fiesta
Titanium spec! hows that work then, ive not seen it in the manual mines got the flip out key thing with 3 buttons lock, open and boot open, is only on the 2010 cars?
jeebowhite
[quote name='Sara Fiesta' timestamp='1305964630' post='128270']
Titanium spec! hows that work then, ive not seen it in the manual mines got the flip out key thing with 3 buttons lock, open and boot open, is only on the 2010 cars?
[/quote]

With the Titanium spec, you press and hold the lock key for 3-5 seconds, and all doors lock, and all windows rise, if you press and hold the unlock button for 3-5 seconds, all windows drop as the doors open.
Sara Fiesta
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1305974071' post='128287']
With the Titanium spec, you press and hold the lock key for 3-5 seconds, and all doors lock, and all windows rise, if you press and hold the unlock button for 3-5 seconds, all windows drop as the doors open.
[/quote]

i like that, going to try mine out on my next break (at work) :)
jeebowhite
Me too! bored witless, hope it works!
Sara Fiesta
it works yay!! :-) I can't stop grinning it fab, they thought i'd gone mad in my office when i got back upstairs LOL LOL!!! :-)
thanks, :-)
jeebowhite
lol, s'alrite, it is a neat little feature to have! it works very well on hot days, and if you cant be bothered to go and stick the key in the lock ignition to wind the windows up lol!
AJ_sXe
Can this be done on a 2009 Fiesta Titanium??

Seems to have been a feature of Foci even as far back as 2004!

But I cannot seem to find any info of a Fiesta having it?
jeebowhite
I [I]think[/I] its Focus only, but then again the modern fiesta shouldnt be too far off.

Did you try the holding buttons down for up to ten seconds?

If all else fails, call the dealer, it [I]may[/I] be that you need to get it enabled on the ECU, but otherwise it might be that it is a Focus and up only.
artscot79
just buy one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Canbus-Auto-Window-Closer-Roll-Up-Down-Remote-Controller-for-Ford-Focus-/251095171563?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item3a767041eb
mintalkin
i used to have global closing on my 06 mondeo zetec nav
Stoney871
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1341930179' post='192606']
just buy one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Canbus-Auto-Window-Closer-Roll-Up-Down-Remote-Controller-for-Ford-Focus-/251095171563?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item3a767041eb
[/quote]

Just to let you know that this unit will only work if all your windows are electric.
If your rears are manual it will do nothing.
jimrex
[quote name='Sara Fiesta' timestamp='1305980670' post='128301']
it works yay!! :-) I can't stop grinning it fab, they thought i'd gone mad in my office when i got back upstairs LOL LOL!!! :-)
thanks, :-)
[/quote]

Hi Sara, does your Focus have power rear windows? Mine appears to be the same spec as yours but global closing isn't a feature as the rears on mine are wind up windows...

... if you don't have power rear windows, have global closing working and hence mine will work, you have just made me very happy! :P
artscot79
global closing only works when you have all 4 electric windows as it says in the manual feature is only available with front and rear electric windows

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.