Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Suspension Bushes Poor Condition
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
johnS
Hello

Took my car in for a service today and MOT. The MOT had an advisory saying "Rear Suspension bushes poor condition".

I'm not really sure what these are, and how much they are to replace, but what causes this problem, and could it really be a fault in a car with 41,000mls on the clock? It's a mk1.5 Ford Focus 1.6L

Thanks,
artscot79
[quote name='johnS' timestamp='1305985807' post='128318']
Hello

Took my car in for a service today and MOT. The MOT had an advisory saying "Rear Suspension bushes poor condition".

I'm not really sure what these are, and how much they are to replace, but what causes this problem, and could it really be a fault in a car with 41,000mls on the clock? It's a mk1.5 Ford Focus 1.6L

Thanks,
[/quote]

upper rear bushes are always picked up under the car look for a horse shoe shaped bar that squite thin follow it up its bolted to the floor youll see the rubber bushes 1 have ford check them first as they get qouted as poor but are fine if they need replaced buy the bushes from ebay and get ford to fit around 240 quid sounds a lot but all the suspension bolts are and will be ceased an independant will charge 500 plus trust me been there ford will just drop the whole rear subframe to do it then realign it all on a 4 wheel alignment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615