Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk3 - How Do I Disconnect A Tddi Injector ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
jaygee82
hi everyone,

my mondeo is making a mysterious sound and i have decided it may be an injector.

all the info i have read tells me to disconnect the wires off the culprit injector to try eliminate the noise.

however, as far as i can see my injectors dont have wiring ? just a brass pipe coming from the upped fuel pump.

im very confused, how do they know when to fire if they dont have a wire ? there must be a electrical connection somewhere but i have stared and scratched my head for hours now.

please help !

p.s. 90hp TDDI - belt tensioner done and camshaft pulley investiaged - not the noise, DMF - no noise yet, pretty sure its injector.
mintalkin
you will not find any wires on the injector system on a TDDI,it uses a injector pump which injects the fuel and is timed from the timing belt

its the TDCI which has the wires because its a common rail system where the fuel rail is at pressure and the ecu decides when to fire the injector.
jaygee82
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1306334873' post='128925']
you will not find any wires on the injector system on a TDDI,it uses a injector pump which injects the fuel and is timed from the timing belt

its the TDCI which has the wires because its a common rail system where the fuel rail is at pressure and the ecu decides when to fire the injector.
[/quote]

ah thanks that makes perfect sense !

so remove an injector just involves taking the feed pipe off the back and screwing it out ?
mintalkin
beware of any fuel pressure that may be in the pipe, undo slowly.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.