Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tdci 130 Injectors
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
dJ29
Hi new to this site, I've got a 54 Plate 130 tdci mondeo, I'm looking for a bit of help on changing an injector and How easy are they to change. thanks
mintalkin
if you get the proper injector removal socket its quite a straight forward job, the problem arises if you refit a different injector as the injectors have to be recoded into the ecu.
dJ29
I'm going to get the same one that's in it with the same codes. Wheres the cheapest to buy a socket from. thanks
mintalkin
all the big tool companies do injector sockets like this
https://www.portlandtools.co.uk/Automotive_tools/Diesel_tools/Ford_dura_torq_21mm_diesel_injector_socket_3934_1796.html

going back to the injectors it does not matter which injector you plan to refit(501,401 ect) it will have to be coded in as each injector made has its own unique 16 digit code that has to be fed into the ecu.the only way to avoid coding is to refit the original injector in its original cylinder position.
dJ29
Ok where will I have to go to get it coded to the ecu. Thanks

Full Colour Version: Tdci 130 Injectors
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615