Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2006 Mondeo Tdci (115) Starting Problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Pex
Hi All,

I have a 2006 Mondeo TDCI hatchback, as this is my first Diesel, and a new member on here, and I need help!

When I start the car it struggles to start, it cranks for 5 - 20 seconds sometimes before starting. It then starts however there is zero power, and the revs drop low, then 3 seconds later the revs come back and it's fine.

The MPG have dropped over the last 2 weeks from 54 to 48.1 today. I have had it to the garage thinking it was glow plugs or injectors that needed cleaning, however he has suggested it's an electrical issue.

I am not the most gifted with car maintenance, so all advice greatly received. I have plans to go to Bristol from Lincoln on Saturday, so want to mke sure we will make it!!

The car is 2006 ford mondeo hatchback (115) 2.0 TDCI.
digidash
you need the ecu software updating see below...

Should a customer express concern about low idle speed (500-700 rpm) and or no throttle repsonse for between 2 second and 3 minutes depending on vehicle, the probable cause is the minimum drive pulse (MDP) of the injectors, which has drifted excessively at low rail pressure (less than 400 bar). This causes a reduction in fuel delivery versus demand and stops the engine reaching the required idle speed in an acceptable time. The PCM does not detect the excessive MDP drift because the strategy does not learn the MDP at the pressures where the problem occurs.

After some time the idle speed will return to normal (800 rpm) and throttle repsonse will be obtained. This concern can occur when the engine is hot or cold. The issue is recurring.

To rectify this concern a new calibration has been released for service which will vary the quantity of fuel demanded during engine cranking in order to reach the idle latch speed in an acceptable time.
regards steve

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615