Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loom Fire In Capri 3.0
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Classic Ford
Phil Payne
I'm helping a friend with a Capri he's rather fond of.

If you want a snap of me, see Practical Classics for June, p73.

Anyway, he's had a loom fire and the circuit seems to be the ammeter connection to the dashboard.

http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quattro/images/capri-dash.jpg

It was pretty much spontaneous when he changed some dashboard bulb, but that can't have had anything to do with it. Anyone seen this before?
CJD
Not really had experience of fires but I have had experience with those dash connectors which i can tell you are a bit rubbish. On the actual clocks the strips of metal set into the plastic backing have a habit of not sticking very well to the plastic and coming loose and moving around when you put the connector back in. I had several problems with the connections and in the end I put a small strip of solder down each connection on the clocks to keep them straight.

Also visually check all the metal connections throughout the whole clock unit. I had issues with the wiring at the top of the clocks where the plastic rubs when the clocks are removed and fitted.

Are there any signs of damage any where else within the wiring loom?

Chris

Full Colour Version: Loom Fire In Capri 3.0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.