Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sportka Idle Control Valve
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
btmaldon
Can anybody let me know if it is possible to replace the idle control valve on a 53 SportKA without having to remove the intake manifold?

Many thanks
digidash
you should be able to remove throttle body and then remove iac. when removing throttle body screws take extra care as they will be fitted with threadlock and can snap. half turn undo then half turn tighten and repeat undoing a little at a time unti screw feels free to undo easily, consider cleaning throttle body while its off, regards steve
btmaldon
[quote name='digidash' timestamp='1307571077' post='131000']
you should be able to remove throttle body and then remove iac. when removing throttle body screws take extra care as they will be fitted with threadlock and can snap. half turn undo then half turn tighten and repeat undoing a little at a time unti screw feels free to undo easily, consider cleaning throttle body while its off, regards steve
[/quote]
Thanks Steve. I will have a go when I got a chance then. The valve is noisy and not particularly stable, so need changing.
digidash
for a couple of quid id get a new o-ring for throttle body and a new iac gasket as an air leak will make your tickover worse than ever. also dont overtighten screws they only need a little nip, regards steve
btmaldon
[quote name='digidash' timestamp='1307641741' post='131109']
for a couple of quid id get a new o-ring for throttle body and a new iac gasket as an air leak will make your tickover worse than ever. also dont overtighten screws they only need a little nip, regards steve
[/quote]
Thanks again Steve

Full Colour Version: Sportka Idle Control Valve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.