Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo St200 Estate - Help Please?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
StuRedd
Hi, I am new to the forum and need to ask a question or 2. I am looking for a car for my wife and have been offered a X-Reg Mondeo ST200 Estate. It hasnt been driven much in the last year, probably needs new tyres, definately new battery and has done about 95,000 miles. It also has a little bit of minor body damage. What should I be expecting to pay for the car and is there anything I should be looking out for that I can use as a bargaining chip to justify bring the price down? I have seen a couple on Autotrader with similar mileage for around 1,800-2,000 but these examples are running and mint.
Thanks in advance, Stuart
mr pompey
ello there and welcome,

there a few things to look out for, common problem rear wheel arches tend to start rusting,
water pump, if its plastic 1 chanage to a metal 1, (u can find these on ebay)
the tick of death as its know as, which means the head gasket is on its way out,(when reved it sounds if the manifoild gasket is blowing,!!!)
centre locking aswell, can sometimes play up,
thats all i can think of at the mo, but am sure others will add to the list
btmaldon
Its a pretty rare car, especially in the estate and I would have thought it was well sort after.

What is the damage to the car? Have they indicated the price they are looking for?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.