Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heating System Failure - A Common Fault?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
bradfrankshaw
Hi all - picked up a second hand 05 KA last week for my wife as she is learning to drive and she wanted some out-of-driving lesson hours experience to help towards her test - the KA seems ideal and she loves driving it; 1.3 engine on such a light shell and so nippy! Better than my 'tank', a Vauxhall Zafira, she says. But I digress. I took the car for a long drive to work out any problems or issues and the only main thing I found was the heating system seems jammed on full heat and the heat builds up hotter and hotter until the dash around the radio and top vents is red hot (obviously because the heat pipes are just behind.). A quick google seemed to show this was a common fault, a full lock on cold or hot. The car has a 6 month second hand warranty from the garage and I want to take it back tomorrow, but it'd help if any one could supply any details as to what has failed so that the guy doesn't try to wriggle out of the repair or say it's something much more than it actually is. Thanks for any help or tips!

cheers

frank
btmaldon
It is most likely the Heater Control Valve that has gone. The solenoid jams allowing full heat into the car. It is a relatively easy fix, and the HCV costs around 36 from the main dealers.

Good luck
bradfrankshaw
Cheers for that; I'll post the results as soon as for future reference.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.