Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus 2002 Automatic Transaxle/cooling System Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
smartmart
2002 ford focus automatic zetec

i was driving today and the light came on (orange light with a exclamation mark)bottom left hand side of the dash board.

i have a cheap dtc reader whcih brought up a h20 sensor (oxogen sensor on the exhaust)

i have also noticed that the main blowers in the car (hot and cold) only work when on full position 4 and not on anyothers.

i have ordered a new sensor for the exhaust and also a new resistor pack for the heater.

would the above faults with the car cause the diangsotic light to come on because my dtc reader only flagged up one which was the exhaust p0141 or something along them lines?
H3lly
What's the engine temp like and is it otherwise fine?
p38fln
The only thing that makes the light turn on is codes stored in the computer. Replace the O2 sensor and clear the code, the light should stay off.
smartmart
Hi thanks for the replys

the temp gage seems ok sits in the middle and dosnt seem to budge at all,car seems to run fine but ive not had it long so not sure if its running normal anyway.

i have replaced the 02 sensor and cleared that code whcich turned off the engine management light,
i also replaced the resistor pack for the heater and that now works ok,

i will give it a drive tommorow and report back

thanks
smartmart
[quote name='smartmart' timestamp='1308092674' post='131811']
Hi thanks for the replys

the temp gage seems ok sits in the middle and dosnt seem to budge at all,car seems to run fine but ive not had it long so not sure if its running normal anyway.

i have replaced the 02 sensor and cleared that code whcich turned off the engine management light,
i also replaced the resistor pack for the heater and that now works ok,

i will give it a drive tommorow and report back

thanks
[/quote]

replacing the 2 items listed above seems to have done the trick
thanks to every one who gave advice
smartmart
[quote name='smartmart' timestamp='1308215578' post='132038']
replacing the 2 items listed above seems to have done the trick
thanks to every one who gave advice
[/quote]

GGGGGRRRRRRRR spoke too soon ,the pesky light has come back on ,no trouble codes through the dtc reader .engine management light is off ,its just the exclamation mark light.

engine temp gage seems to be ok car seems to run ok ....

not sure were else to turn now please help .
kv100
[quote name='smartmart' timestamp='1308249392' post='132092']
GGGGGRRRRRRRR spoke too soon ,the pesky light has come back on ,no trouble codes through the dtc reader .engine management light is off ,its just the exclamation mark light.

engine temp gage seems to be ok car seems to run ok ....

not sure were else to turn now please help .
[/quote]
Bit of a long shot, but it isn't anything to do with the brake fluid level or brake pads being worn is it?

Good luck, Paul.
smartmart
[quote name='kv100' timestamp='1308250167' post='132094']
Bit of a long shot, but it isn't anything to do with the brake fluid level or brake pads being worn is it?

Good luck, Paul.
[/quote]

Hi paul

No dont think so mate looking in the user manual it just says Automatic Transaxle/cooling System and then states u need to get it serviced which isnt really helpful.
id like to get to the bottom off it and im hoping its not the gear box thats buggered .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615