Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cannot Enter Key Programming Mode
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
jon200
Hi,

I am attempting to have a new remote key programmed on my 2004 Mondeo, but the car will not enter programming mode.

Everyone i know (even the person at the place i was having it done at) is stumped by why it will not enter programming mode - can anyone offer any suggestions?

The background of the car is as follows: I purchased it 6 months ago from a dealership (not a Ford one), and only the spare non remote key was available - turns out the car was a repossesion.
Now the barrel has broken and rather than get a new barrel made up, i wanted to go down the route of having a remote done. Now i have the programming mode problem.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
btmaldon
The only thing, is that there is a limit to the number of remotes that can be added, or your remote isn't working correctly. Just in case you are following different instructions, I have attached them anyway. Someone may find them useful.

[b]The instructions as I know them are as follows:[/b]

1. Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.

2. Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.

3. During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.

4. Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.

[b]Also if people are interested the single door unlock function is as follows:[/b]

With both lock and unlock buttons depressed at the same time, wait until the indicator lights flash once. When complete two stage unlocking will be activated / deactivated accordingly.
KeyMan
[quote name='btmaldon' timestamp='1308249098' post='132091']
The only thing, is that there is a limit to the number of remotes that can be added, [b][color="#FF0000"]{Every time you program in a remote the system "forgets" the other remotes}[/color][/b] or your remote isn't working correctly.[b][color="#FF0000"]{The car should still enter programming mode}[/color][/b] Just in case you are following different instructions, I have attached them anyway. Someone may find them useful.

[b]The instructions as I know them are as follows:[/b]

1. Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds. [b][color="#FF0000"]{You should hear a "Bong" noise}[/color][/b]

2. Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this. [b][color="#FF0000"]{Not necessarily}[/color][/b]

3. During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED. [b][color="#FF0000"]{You'll hear the "Bong" again to indicate it's learned the remote}[/color][/b]

4. Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.

[b]Also if people are interested the single door unlock function is as follows:[/b]

With both lock and unlock buttons depressed at the same time, wait until the indicator lights flash once. When complete two stage unlocking will be activated / deactivated accordingly.
[/quote]

Not saying you are wrong here, just adding a few bits that might clarify things further.
Hope you don't mind?
btmaldon
No problem. I got the info from a Mondeo owner. However, I tried it on my wifes Sport KA and it worked as I had stated, without any boinging noises. Different Fords with similar systems, seem to operate slightly differently.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.