Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear Change Light.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
ELL8566
Hi all, Im looking for some help. I have recently purchased a 2008 C-Max Style tdci.It developed a faulty rev counter which the garage I bought it from have replaced.The original rev counter had a red light which indicated when to change gear or that the engine was being over reved. When the garage replaced the rev and speedo cluster I noticed the red ight was no longer there. The garage are adamant that the car should not have been fitted with this feature originaly and this must have been fitted accidently when the car was manufactured. Can anyone help me ?
Thanks ,
ELL..
jeebowhite
The red light tends to indicate the car is at its maximum revs and should be changed, I dont know about any sort of "eco" change indicator they may have fitted, but im sure all modern Fords based on the focus have this feature? I am surprised at their response, and would say write to Ford UK and ask them to confirm it...

Im shocked that they said that though...

Full Colour Version: Gear Change Light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.