Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do I Go For Age Or Miles??
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Marie
I am planning on buying a Mondeo 2.0 diesel 140bhp. On searching the dealers website there was 2 that caught my eye. One is a 2009 (59 plate) with 30k on the clock. The other is a 2008 (57 plate) with 15k on the clock. Both Zetec trim and both the same price. Am I better with the younger car or the lesser milage car?

Also, I will be pulling a single axel caravan with MTPLM of 1465kg, anyone got any feedback for the Mondeo as a towcar? I've only ever pulled with a 4x4 but am looking for something cheaper to run everyday.

Thanks folks,

Marie
Fergal
[quote name='Marie' timestamp='1308663809' post='132716']
I am planning on buying a Mondeo 2.0 diesel 140bhp. On searching the dealers website there was 2 that caught my eye. One is a 2009 (59 plate) with 30k on the clock. The other is a 2008 (57 plate) with 15k on the clock. Both Zetec trim and both the same price. Am I better with the younger car or the lesser milage car?

Also, I will be pulling a single axel caravan with MTPLM of 1465kg, anyone got any feedback for the Mondeo as a towcar? I've only ever pulled with a 4x4 but am looking for something cheaper to run everyday.

Thanks folks,

Marie
[/quote]
I would go for MILES every time. A 2.0L Dsl will pull your caravan fine. Logon to a Caravan club site in regard to the max downward weight on your tow hitch and balance the caravan accordingly. You may use a bathroom scales under the jockey wheel to assist. Also make sure you use a anti jack-knife device between the car and caravan. Enjoy your Hols.

Full Colour Version: Do I Go For Age Or Miles??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.