Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Cam Belt
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
fishpond 47
Hi Guys

I'm doing a cam belt on a focus (petrol engine) this weekend, has anybody got any tips? where are the timing marks?

yes I am a mechanic so have a good idea of whats involved, just a bit concerned about the timing marks.

Thanks in advanced.
stef123
[quote name='fishpond 47' timestamp='1308676275' post='132739']
Hi Guys

I'm doing a cam belt on a focus (petrol engine) this weekend, has anybody got any tips? where are the timing marks?

yes I am a mechanic so have a good idea of whats involved, just a bit concerned about the timing marks.

Thanks in advanced.
[/quote]

you will need a locking kit, the days of timing marks are gone?
Schuey
I have a 2000 W Focus 2.0 16V Petrol, and I am currently doing the cam belt, tensioner, idler, aux belt, coolant, thermostat, oil change and a leaking air con from the green O rings that are on the front of the unit. YYou can buy the green I=O rings from Halfiords for 3.29 a pack, though you have to buy two packs as the size you want only has one O ring in each pack, but it sorts the problem of the leak and at a good deal cheaper than a garage.

I bought an engine locking kit made by Laser, on Ebay new and delivered for 12, local stockists want 20.

It;s not a hard job, quite enjoyable and you can take your time, knowing that you are doing the work and to a decent standard.

Good luck with yours, it isn't too bad,

Full Colour Version: Focus Cam Belt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.