Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soot
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
KJ76
Hello everyone I am new here I have a 54 plate focus 1.8 tdci I have a few questions to ask if anyone could help me ?

The unit is standard apart from a tdi tuning box and a piper-cross air filter in box type if the makes sense- any how I have noticed a small amount of black soot appearing on the tip of the exhaust should I be worried ?

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_diesel_tuning_boxes/ford/focus/18_tdci_99_bhp__100_ps__74_kw/crtd2_diesel_tuning_box_ford_focus_18_tdci_99_bhp_100_ps_74_kw_P1913.html

Also when I change gear (any) the engine seems to retain it revs may-be around 3 of 4 seconds after I de press the accelerator is slow to release or is just me ?

Any info / help would be good as my ownership of the focus lengthens any issue I have with it I will monitor post possible fixes / things to check / workarounds that has worked for me.
cuke
Hi, try disconnecting the tuning box, if it one connected into the ecu through the diagnostic port, then see what happens...
Chris

Full Colour Version: Soot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615