Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: s max heater
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
scoobydoo12
does anyone know why if i put my heaters on the car smells of fumes?
just the same with the demisters seems a lot worse when going slow there is no smell with the air con on
its a 2007 s max
mintalkin
check that a crankcase hose has not split or come off allowing fumes to enter the vent system.
scoobydoo12
[quote name='mintalkin' post='8490' date='Dec 14 2008, 06:07 PM']check that a crankcase hose has not split or come off allowing fumes to enter the vent system.[/quote]

thanks for the reply the car is going to ford dealers tomorrow for them to try and fix it and service the car
i will keep you posted as to what they say
cheers
scoobydoo12
[quote name='mintalkin' post='8490' date='Dec 14 2008, 06:07 PM']check that a crankcase hose has not split or come off allowing fumes to enter the vent system.[/quote]

ford dealer found the problem leaking injector seal replaced under warranty now perfect
cheers ford
sobaka
[quote name='scoobydoo12' post='9331' date='Jan 6 2009, 08:11 PM']ford dealer found the problem leaking injector seal replaced under warranty now perfect
cheers ford[/quote]

A seal, you are not driving a seal grey smax? :huh:

:D happy everything is well now.
landman
[quote name='sobaka' post='9516' date='Jan 9 2009, 08:40 PM']A seal, you are not driving a seal grey smax? :huh:

:D happy everything is well now.[/quote]

Hi there,

How old is the car?

Ford recommend that you have the air con system "cleaned" once a year.

My dealer charged me 25 to do it.

You can get products from Halfords & "bomb" the system yourself.

HTH

Landman

Full Colour Version: s max heater
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.