Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mpg Computer
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
APL76
Hi all

Took my KA mk2 on motorway for 1st time today (live on IOW) and covered about 100 miles. Was expecting the MPG to increase but computer hasn't changed from 51.6.

How accurate is the computer??? and has anybody else found this problem

Many Thanks
Amie07
Wow 51.6, I'd be well impressed with that! Best I get is 36! Though I do mainly do town driving in stop start traffic.
NZH
In my experiance the computer can be out by 2 to 5mpg. Having had the car for a year and a half the average mpg over 18000 miles 48mpg worked out manually after each fill. Drops considerably if your doing 70 plus and constant start stop in town. Mpg increased after first service and better weather. Mine was used on mainly A and B roads doing 40 miles distance each day. I am now about to trade in for the fiesta.The ka i have to say has been very reliable although constantly bothered by rattles fixed by by stuffing padding in various parts of the dash.I have enjoyed this car ang gives the grin factor on twisty roads enjoy yours
alfie t
are you resetting mpg before you set off on youre journeys?

Full Colour Version: Mpg Computer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615