Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Aftermarket Panel Air Filter?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Schuey
Hi,

Can anyone personally recommend a performance panel air filter for the 2.0 16v Zetec Focus on a W plate. Instead of replacing at the usual service I would like to wash through and re oil if necessary depending on the filter manufacturer.

I know that I will get very little in gains, but if running the car for many years and paying circa 8 for a filter then it will work out cheaper, based on 35 for an aftermarket filter. If I were to go down the road of induction, I then have to get cold air feed, possibly less miles per gallon.

Thanks

Dom
cressws1
Installed a K&N panel filter on mine a year or two ago. Bought it for around 20 and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Schuey
[quote name='cressws1' timestamp='1309084861' post='133400']
Installed a K&N panel filter on mine a year or two ago. Bought it for around 20 and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
[/quote]
Did it make much difference to your performance, economy etc, thanks for your reply also.
artscot79
[quote name='Schuey' timestamp='1309128346' post='133492']
Did it make much difference to your performance, economy etc, thanks for your reply also.
[/quote]

k and n also on mine wont make much of a noticeable performance boost does make the throttle more responsive and will save you a few mpg

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.