Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Emissons
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
maslin4863
Hi,

I am a newbie to the Forums (please be gentle), I have recently bought a 2000 Mondeo Ghia X Auto with 78,000 on the clock. Although it came with a FSH i took it to a local garage for a full service as i have bad luck with cars and was told i had a slight leak on the IACV which i got replaced. My question is since owning the car when idling i can always smell what seems to be a strong petrol smell from the exhaust emissions whilst idling and i was wondering if this can be normal? When the car was serviced and the IACV fault discovered they said my emissions were high (when tested failed the 2 out of 3) I assumed that the petrol smell from the exhaust would dissappear once this was repaired?
mintalkin
rich fuel mixes are usually caused by a lambada sensor playing up. if you can get the garage to do a voltage check on your sensors to see if one has gone.

Full Colour Version: High Emissons
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615