Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auxiliary Drive Belt Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
whippet
Hi i own an 09 TDCi 1.6 Zetec Focus and from the day i got it i have heard a kinda 'squeaky ticky clicky' noise coming from engine. I have been to ford a number of times had the belt replaced which cost 70+ coz its not covered by warranty. I have been to other fords around North East, they then decided it was something to do with the tension on the belt, and i am still hearing this bloody noise. Has anyone got any idea what else this could be?

Cheers

Rach
btmaldon
Water Pump?
fishpond 47
The tensioner is spring loaded, try putting the air con on and the heated screens on, does the noise get any louder putting strain on the belt?

the reason I ask is I had the same problem with my car (mondy) and IT WAS the tensioner, the spring inside was creaking/squeaking (it was that bad I thought it was the timing chain) I easly fixed mine (been fine for 12 months now) by taking it off and giving it a good clean out with wd40 then put a bit oil oil inside.

Hope this helps.
paramaniac
I have this sound too. There is another discussion about it in this thread: [url="http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/18888-squeaks-and-knocks/"]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/18888-squeaks-and-knocks/[/url]

BIGGSY got the belt replaced which solved the issue in his case, whether he paid for it or not, I'm not sure.
paramaniac
PS: not sure if you should have paid for the belt to be replaced. The Ford warranty says this:

[quote]Scheduled maintenance items
The parts listed below have a limited service life and are either replaced or adjusted during scheduled maintenance operations. [b]These parts are covered by the Ford Base Warranty up to the first point at which replacement or adjustment becomes due.[/b] The period of warranty cover for any item may not exceed the time and distance limitations of the Ford Base Warranty.
[list]
[*]Drive belts
[*]Spark plugs
[*]Oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, diesel particulate filter and fuel filters.
[/list][/quote]

And the first point at which the aux belt is due to be replaced is 10 years or 125,000 miles.
RAB B
[quote name='paramaniac' timestamp='1309534999' post='134272']
PS: not sure if you should have paid for the belt to be replaced. The Ford warranty says this:

And the first point at which the aux belt is due to be replaced is 10 years or 125,000 miles.
[/quote]
mines only lasted 80,000ks just done it and the noise stopped!!

Full Colour Version: Auxiliary Drive Belt Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.