Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper Scrape!!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Kapz K
Gah! :angry:

I was backing into my driveway today to repair the wing mirror, and I misjudged the distance from the garage wall and resulted in a deep gash to my rear bumper!!

Needless to say I was on the verge of tears and absolutely fuming, I've only owned the car for 2 weeks!

God I've been driving for 2 years now and I still messed up on the most basic of manoeuvres!

Anyway, the appearence of the car right now is quite ugly and I would like to do a self touch up/repair job of it as I'm not prepared to fork out £80 + for an 8 year old car (and my first car owned by me). I'm not looking for a 100% match job, just something which will make the appearance to the naked eye much more pleasant.

I don't know if the paint is metallic or not (its a 2003 Focus Ink in Blue), and I've heard filling the scratches and wet-sanding the damaged area down can lead to clearcoat scratches which are impossible to remove.

Could anyone guide me or point me in the direction of a step by step guide to getting this sorted!
woodysbodywerx
scrapes don't need filling, looking at that, it needs to be flatted and blown in
Nigel S
Failing that - try the scrap yards for a replacement bumper in the same colour.

Full Colour Version: Bumper Scrape!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.