Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boot Jammed!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
stevied
Hi! The boot on my 05 Focus Climate 5 door hatch, has well and truly jammed. Can't open it with the key fob & the mechanism doesn't make any noise at all when I click the fob. Rest of the locks work fine. Any suggestions on how I can get in there & how to fix the problem?
MrRedman
When i had this problem i had something caught around the pin making it very tightly closed i got someone to keep pressing the boot release button
down while i pushed against the boot near the lock to free it pulling it wont work hope this works for you!
gr33ns
I have a 06 focus saloon I could not open my boot, some times it would open then it would not, I took the lock apart lock was ok
if I closed the boot half way it would work if I shut boot fully it would not work also the boot light stopped working, so I started looking at the wiring
and found, where the wiring goes from the boot lid to the boot through the (rubber boot) the wiring was broken and frayed

I have now sorted the wiring out and all is working fine now

Hope this helps

[img]http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac120/bondey/focussaloon.jpg[/img]

Full Colour Version: Boot Jammed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.