Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dtuk Diesel Tuning Box
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Parf
Hi all,

I have a 2.0 TDCi (134 BHP) with a DPF and I have just bought a DTUK tuning box. In the instructions it says not to go above setting 7 ( 0 - F) if you have a DPF. On setting 7 im not noticing any power increases. Has anyone else fitted one of these boxes to a TDCi with a DPF and if so what setting do you have it on and is it causing any problems?

I have raised it to 9 and I have no engine warning light but still there is only a slight increase in power, Id like to go to B or C but not if its going to damage the DPF as they are very expensive to replace.

Thanks
Leemaxd
As far as I know dpf's are very expensive about 1700 I think.
Parf
Yeah thats why I dont want to turn it up to much in case it causes damage.

If someone has been running it high with no problems it may be worth doing because at the moment the box on setting 9 isnt worth the money.
cuke
Hi,if you're not noticing any differences then the box isn't working so send it back. To my mind all tuning boxes do anyway is shove more fuel/air in, thus the warning not to go too high.
Chris
jeebowhite
There is a detailed thread on DTUK boxes on the Kia forums...

If you have changed it to 9 and your still not getting power with 90% "boost" from the box, its potentially a faulty box. Changing to 9A to see what goes, you cant run it long term on this setting, but it will be enough to tell you if between A and F you have a knackered box!

the Cee'd folk who were running this box had no problems and they were running it on a DPF car...
Parf
Thanks for the help. Ill put it upto F (if engine management lets me with no lights) and then if there is a noticeable power increase at least I know the box is working.
jeebowhite
Do so in stages, dont just go straight to 9F or you could cause problems.
focus11
[quote name='Parf' timestamp='1309855213' post='134646']
Hi all,

I have a 2.0 TDCi (134 BHP) with a DPF and I have just bought a DTUK tuning box. In the instructions it says not to go above setting 7 ( 0 - F) if you have a DPF. On setting 7 im not noticing any power increases. Has anyone else fitted one of these boxes to a TDCi with a DPF and if so what setting do you have it on and is it causing any problems?

I have raised it to 9 and I have no engine warning light but still there is only a slight increase in power, Id like to go to B or C but not if its going to damage the DPF as they are very expensive to replace.

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi mate did ur box connect to the common rail or the injectors?

Full Colour Version: Dtuk Diesel Tuning Box
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.