Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caravan Tax/ And Mot
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
zetecpete
Just wondering if this would be beneficial,first for safety,added revenue to improve our roads/Thoughts?
fishpond 47
In a word YES, it would stop people parking them on the bloody road when there not being used aswell
jeebowhite
I say Yes, mainly because I would charge 500 and that should get them off the roads, and stop slowing me down to 35 in a 60+ zone :)

As for the MOT, well the only MOT you could do is lights, and wheels and maybe a body health check, so not sure how that would work overall.
mintalkin
tax - yes
mot - yes,lights,tyre,brakes,tow hitch,ect
and with a big 4+4 and a seven meter caravan they should come under the large vehicle licence,
kevin lancelott
We used to own a caravan.Had three in fact each better than the previous.So no I don't think they should be hammered for anything.I still have respect for caravan owners if I happen to be behind one now.Caravan holidays was the best of my life. :D
jeebowhite
[quote name='kevin lancelott' timestamp='1309981955' post='134880']
We used to own a caravan.Had three in fact each better than the previous.So no I don't think they should be hammered for anything.I still have respect for caravan owners if I happen to be behind one now.Caravan holidays was the best of my life. :D
[/quote]

Theres always one :rolleyes: lol.

I dont mind them too much, I know that a lot of the northern caravaners have respect and courtesy for other road users, rarely came across a caravan that wouldnt pull into a layby to let the queue behind pass. Down South they dont really do that, that they just plod along at rediculously slow speeds and enjoy the fact that they cause a three mile tailback!

Full Colour Version: Caravan Tax/ And Mot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.