Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Service Parts
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
maka
Hi All, Just looking for some advice, just got a 2000 model focus 1.8 zetec with 98,000 miles on the clock, Im unsure of the service history of the car so gonna need to do a full service and timing belt change, Any one got any ideas of which make of filters to use and timing belts. Also what grade of oil is best to use 5w30 semi synthetic or 5w30 fully synthetic. been looking a mahle filters, does anyone know if these are good filters. Cheers
fishpond 47
[quote name='maka' timestamp='1310161769' post='135108']
Hi All, Just looking for some advice, just got a 2000 model focus 1.8 zetec with 98,000 miles on the clock, Im unsure of the service history of the car so gonna need to do a full service and timing belt change, Any one got any ideas of which make of filters to use and timing belts. Also what grade of oil is best to use 5w30 semi synthetic or 5w30 fully synthetic. been looking a mahle filters, does anyone know if these are good filters. Cheers
[/quote]

Hi Maka welcome to the club, my best advice is find a good motor factors and give them your reg number they will sort you out with the parts you need, mahle filters are fine and 5w30 semi synthetic oil is the one you want, when doing the cam belt I would recommend doing the water pump at the same time(not knowing how long the one on is going to last), purely for piece of mind, as you would have to undo everything you've just done for the cam belt to change it later.
stef123
[quote name='fishpond 47' timestamp='1310203261' post='135140']
Hi Maka welcome to the club, my best advice is find a good motor factors and give them your reg number they will sort you out with the parts you need, mahle filters are fine and 5w30 semi synthetic oil is the one you want, when doing the cam belt [b]I would recommend doing the water pump at the same time(not knowing how long the one on is going to last), purely for piece of mind, as you would have to undo everything you've just done for the cam belt to change it later.[/b]
[/quote]

Is the WP driven by the cam belt on the 1.8? i know it wasn't on my 1.6
fishpond 47
Not sure Stef, but he'd still need to undo everything to change the water pump anyway as the cam belt is in front(or part in front) of it.

Full Colour Version: Service Parts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.