Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Ford Focus Titanium
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pages: 1, 2, 3
xxtrickzxx
hi folks :rolleyes: It mentions in the spec that this system has a 9 speaker set up,does any one know where the ninth speaker is? I presume it's a sub which usually lives in the boot but wouldn't that make the boot even smaller,need to know because my cousin has just ordered one and he's worried but the salesman dosent know :o
adzmcp
THe 9th speaker is not in the boot its on the dashboard. On the flat bit on the top above the radio
cuke
[quote name='xxtrickzxx' timestamp='1310162951' post='135110']
hi folks :rolleyes: It mentions in the spec that this system has a 9 speaker set up,does any one know where the ninth speaker is? I presume it's a sub which usually lives in the boot but wouldn't that make the boot even smaller,need to know because my cousin has just ordered one and he's worried but the salesman dosent know :o
[/quote]

Hi, it is the ten speaker setup that has the sub, and this isn't available in this county until 2012. Could your cousin post pictures and their thoughts on the new focus here please?
Chris
DeadStick
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1310202601' post='135139']
Hi, it is the ten speaker setup that has the sub, and this isn't available in this county until 2012. Could your cousin post pictures and their thoughts on the new focus here please?
Chris
[/quote]

I posted some initial thoughts 4 days after picking up a Titanium here >> http://tinyurl.com/6docofj

I will be adding more comments and photos after having it a little longer but if you'd like specific photos or my humble opinion on anything in particular so far just ask and I'll do my best to help.
2011fiesta
Pictures from every angle, inside and out will be great thanks....

;-)
DeadStick
Here's a few to start with. Next time I'm out when it's dark I'll get some of the ambient lighting inside. Any other requests feel free to ask.

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0867.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0844.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0835.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0875.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0881.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0854.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0857.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0897.jpg[/IMG]
cuke
H, thanks, nice pictures too as well as the car looking good in black. I've seen your review over at talkford, I'm known by my full name there.
Chris
2011fiesta
Thanks for the pics. The car looks great!

I've just joined talk ford too as I see theres alot more new focus pics/owners there

Paul :)
DeadStick
I should be going out late on Tuesday night with my brother (he took the pics I already posted) to take some night-time shots. I'll post some of them here on Wednesday.

...and I completely agree with both of you. It does look good in black. I nearly went for a Mars Red but, in the flesh, I found that colour a bit Nissany.
Reeda
I think i'm in love, nice looking focus the inside is brill.

Nice pickys too :)
xxtrickzxx
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1310202601' post='135139']
Chris
[/quote]
will do,by the way the 9th speaker is on the dash so i suppose it must be a centre channel,thinking of one of these myself,but they aint cheap now the new focus!even with privlege
Nigel S
I think the Mk3 Focus is one good looking car in and out.

Shame Ford will sell no Mk3 saloons in UK (our fault for not buying any when the Mk2 saloon was available). Nearly every new Focus in the US is a saloon and they are a good looking motor.

Talking of our cousins over the pond: They liked the new Focus but thought the dashboard "too complicated and too european". Yanks seem to like the old plank of wood with a few dials cut in (like a Caterham 7). Their needs, like their minds, are simple.
stevej
[quote name='Nigel S' timestamp='1310553748' post='135747']

Shame Ford will sell no Mk3 saloons in UK (our fault for not buying any when the Mk2 saloon was available). Nearly every new Focus in the US is a saloon and they are a good looking motor.

Talking of our cousins over the pond: They liked the new Focus but thought the dashboard "too complicated and too european". Yanks seem to like the old plank of wood with a few dials cut in (like a Caterham 7). Their needs, like their minds, are simple.
[/quote]
spot on with them answers mate (the yanks)i hope i will be ok with my new motor, err i think so( when it arrives FOCUS TIT X, PANTHER BLACK, ELEC SUN ROOF, 18 INCH ALLOYS, DRIVER ASS PACK 1.6 ECO .expected dilivery middle of august, told dealer it will be a sep1 reg 61. regs.
2011fiesta
[quote name='Nigel S' timestamp='1310553748' post='135747']

[/quote]

I too love the saloon versions. The black Titaniums with the rear spoilers look excellent. I came across this video when doing my usual YouTube search for "2012 Ford Focus" - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDYOwyCWNUY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDYOwyCWNUY[/url] It looks sooooooo smart - just how I'd want mine - saloon, black, titanium, my ford touch, powershift automatic, only thing I'd have to add wud be tinted windows.

Heres a suprising report I came across from an article posted on a US Ford forum - [b]"Approximately 50 percent of 2011 Ford Fiesta vehicles now being sold in the U.S. are hatchback models; 41 percent of the all-new 2012 Ford Focus sales are hatchbacks"
[/b]
Those are quite high percentages for the sedan loving USA.
DeadStick
Added a few night pics to my gallery.
2011fiesta
[quote name='DeadStick' timestamp='1310606622' post='135866']
Added a few night pics to my gallery.
[/quote]

Thats one cool cabin. The steering wheel is impressive all lit up - mad how many controls are on it.
DeadStick
[quote name='2011fiesta' timestamp='1310622623' post='135868']
Thats one cool cabin. The steering wheel is impressive all lit up - mad how many controls are on it.
[/quote]

The good thing is all the buttons don't get in the way of just driving the thing. I haven't once accidentally pressed something when I didn't want to.
cuke
Hi, thanks for the photos, even more lights than my Mondeo. At least having come from the Mk4 I should be used to a few buttons. But how is the voice control, have you used it much yet?
Chris
DeadStick
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1310670485' post='135950']
Hi, thanks for the photos, even more lights than my Mondeo. At least having come from the Mk4 I should be used to a few buttons. But how is the voice control, have you used it much yet?
Chris
[/quote]

I have used it quite a lot already and it's pretty good. It certainly understands me with my distinctive accent better than the Mercedes understood Clarkson's 'normal' accent on last Sunday's TG. I've paired up phones, made calls, changed CD tracks, tuned the radio and fiddled with the climate control without any problems.

I also like the 'help' command which gives you a list of your current options (incase you forget them) without having to consult the manual. For example, if you flick the voice button and say help it tells you your options include 'climate', 'cd player', 'phone' etc. then once you select one, let's say 'cd player', you can say help again and it'll list available options at that stage of the menu system like 'shuffle', 'play track #' and so on. Very handy when you're on the move and reading the instruction manual is out of the question.

Demisting via voice control is excellent too. Instead of turning several dials and pushing buttons only to have to do the same in reverse once the windows have cleared I just flick the voice button and say 'climate', then 'demist on', then a few seconds later 'climate', 'demist off' and the job is done without taking my hands off the wheel or my eye off the road.

This is the first car I've had with voice control and I have to say I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be.
adzmcp
You can just say demist with out saying climate first
DeadStick
[quote name='adzmcp' timestamp='1310674451' post='135961']
You can just say demist with out saying climate first
[/quote]

Thanks. I didn't know that.

It just gets better all the time. :)
2011fiesta
[quote name='DeadStick' timestamp='1310675784' post='135967']
Thanks. I didn't know that.

It just gets better all the time. :)
[/quote]

Lol

I got my fiesta just before winter and when it was snowing for those few weeks I was so chuffed with myself each morning when Id get in, start the engine then just had to say 'defrosting on'.

...simple things and all that :lol:
cuke
[quote name='DeadStick' timestamp='1310673217' post='135954']
I have used it quite a lot already and it's pretty good. It certainly understands me with my distinctive accent better than the Mercedes understood Clarkson's 'normal' accent on last Sunday's TG. I've paired up phones, made calls, changed CD tracks, tuned the radio and fiddled with the climate control without any problems.

I also like the 'help' command which gives you a list of your current options (incase you forget them) without having to consult the manual. For example, if you flick the voice button and say help it tells you your options include 'climate', 'cd player', 'phone' etc. then once you select one, let's say 'cd player', you can say help again and it'll list available options at that stage of the menu system like 'shuffle', 'play track #' and so on. Very handy when you're on the move and reading the instruction manual is out of the question.

Demisting via voice control is excellent too. Instead of turning several dials and pushing buttons only to have to do the same in reverse once the windows have cleared I just flick the voice button and say 'climate', then 'demist on', then a few seconds later 'climate', 'demist off' and the job is done without taking my hands off the wheel or my eye off the road.

This is the first car I've had with voice control and I have to say I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for that, very reassuring that the voice control works so well...
Chris
tomo2001
Mine arrives at the dealer on Monday, looking at 25th for delivery :)
DeadStick
[quote name='tomo2001' timestamp='1310761634' post='136078']
[/quote]

Nice. What engine/colour/optional packs etc did you go for?
cuke
[/quote]

Hi, please post up photos and a short review, if you aren't too busy out 'playing'. Did you know the build date of your car and how long did the process take from ordering from the dealership?
Chris
tomo2001
Hi Chris
My build date was 30th June. Car was ordered first week in June through a lease company, so not a bad turnaround.
Paul

DeadStick - Ordered 1.6TDCi (Stop/Start) Titanium X in Dark Micastone Metallic. Options added are 18" Wheels, Appearance Pack and Sat Nav.
cuke
Hi, thanks, that's pretty good going. I ordered on the 22/6 and my provisional build date is the 20/8. However I think the Candy Red might be delaying things....
Chris
bottletree
Yeah we need a full proper review of this lovely motor. Get it on Youtube when you've done. There are a lot of people out there whoi would like to see this.
Great car and superb interior by the way. Would be interested to see how it does over the coming months/years.
DeadStick
[quote name='tomo2001' timestamp='1310812272' post='136122']
DeadStick - Ordered 1.6TDCi (Stop/Start) Titanium X in Dark Micastone Metallic. Options added are 18" Wheels, Appearance Pack and Sat Nav.
[/quote]

Sounds really nice. Looking forward to pics.
stevej
[/q uohi

hi, does it not bother you registering new car so near next plate (61)just asking kos my new motor due at dealer last week in july-1st week in august, dont know what to do? dealer said would keep and reg sep 1, do you think its worth waiting or reg it now? thanks steve.
Preee
The plate does not make the car feel any older, if your worried about car aging put a private plate on it , Me i would not be able to wait :P
cuke
H, any difference might be a few hundred in the resale price, plus the 'snob' value of the plate of course. Mine will be a 61 even if it get to the dealership in late august.
Chris
tomo2001
Doesn't bother me about reg - it's a company car
tomo2001
25th Delivery confirmed - JUST

Down for AM delivery so will probably update later in the day.
cuke
Hi, no sleep for a week then :P
Chris
btmaldon
I stopped off at a services on the M4 on Friday, on my way back from Wiltshire and parked my Mk2.5 next to a Mk3. It must have looked odd as the Mk 3 was on a 60 plate and my Mk2.5 is on an 11 plate.

I didn't think you could get a Mk3 on a 60 plate, not even a ex demonstrator.
tomo2001
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1310995605' post='136394']
Hi, no sleep for a week then :P
Chris
[/quote]

Like waiting for Santa !! - Seriously I've had that many cars in my job, the excitement just isn't there anymore. Bit different when you're buying one private ?
cuke
Hi, you're lucky I've never had a car I've not had to purchase outright. This is my second now and I'm just as excited as the first one :)
Chris
xxtrickzxx
:) ive gone and done it,my beloved st is to go due to its 18 mpg thirst and the need for 5 doors,after a 10 day battle ive managed to get a good deal on a new focus,didnt get the spec i wanted ie ecoboost titanium in frozen white with city pack and 18's,because i had to choose from pre-build's,so ive got a frozen white ecoboost standard they are putting tints on it and a hefty discount,enough to buy the18's anyway,but i dont think i will bother unless i can find someone who wants to swap my alloys and some money.took an ecoboost for a drive and it won me over, yes its no st but the torque of it is ample so was the ride and handling but the best things i liked was the refinement and the quality of the dash and layout,my cousin is gutted as he's been waiting 2 months for his build,and ive got 10 days to wait :P
cuke
Hi, nice one, and it is good to hear that coming from a ST the ecoboost isn't too much of a performance drop. Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you finally get her..
Chris
pavr27
[quote name='xxtrickzxx' timestamp='1311034404' post='136509']
:) ive gone and done it,my beloved st is to go due to its 18 mpg thirst and the need for 5 doors,after a 10 day battle ive managed to get a good deal on a new focus,didnt get the spec i wanted ie ecoboost titanium in frozen white with city pack and 18's,because i had to choose from pre-build's,so ive got a frozen white ecoboost standard they are putting tints on it and a hefty discount,enough to buy the18's anyway,but i dont think i will bother unless i can find someone who wants to swap my alloys and some money.took an ecoboost for a drive and it won me over, yes its no st but the torque of it is ample so was the ride and handling but the best things i liked was the refinement and the quality of the dash and layout,my cousin is gutted as he's been waiting 2 months for his build,and ive got 10 days to wait :P
[/quote]

I'm also switching from an ST - I'm really not excited about it, but it has to be done. I'm really going to miss the ST.
xxtrickzxx
[quote name='pavr27' timestamp='1311082488' post='136557']
I'm also switching from an ST - I'm really not excited about it, but it has to be done. I'm really going to miss the ST.
[/quote]
i know how you feel i tried it before but it didnt work i bought another one and lost alot of money which i could do with now,but it was fun :rolleyes:,its a pity they couldnt make a modern day 5 pot that could do another 15mpg more!
tomo2001
Spoke to someone today who's father has Zetec 1.6 TDCi Stop/Start (same engine as mine). Apparently the system is a big pile of dog doo......... Oh Joy, can't wait !!
DeadStick
[quote name='tomo2001' timestamp='1311193490' post='136749']
Spoke to someone today who's father has Zetec 1.6 TDCi Stop/Start (same engine as mine). Apparently the system is a big pile of dog doo......... Oh Joy, can't wait !!
[/quote]

Glad I didn't get that then. ;)

Where did you hear that it sucks?
xxtrickzxx
[quote name='tomo2001' timestamp='1311193490' post='136749']
[/quote]
in what way is it poo?i drove the 1.6 tdi zetec and found it very good,i tried my best to beat the stop start to the throttle and it won the 5 times i tried
xxtrickzxx
[quote name='DeadStick' timestamp='1310254420' post='135210']
Here's a few to start with. Next time I'm out when it's dark I'll get some of the ambient lighting inside. Any other requests feel free to ask.

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0867.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0844.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0835.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0875.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0881.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0854.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0857.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/deadstick2011/Focus/IMG_0897.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
hi deadstick what make tyres did yours come with? and were they 215/55 or 205/55?
DeadStick
[quote name='xxtrickzxx' timestamp='1311201970' post='136777']
hi deadstick what make tyres did yours come with? and were they 215/55 or 205/55?
[/quote]

215/55 (Continentals)
tomo2001
[quote name='DeadStick' timestamp='1311195119' post='136757']
Glad I didn't get that then. ;)

Where did you hear that it sucks?
[/quote]

Guy at one of my customers, his father has one in Candy Red, itwas a dealer demonstrator. He says that quite often particularly when you've been queuing in traffic the system 'locks up' and fails to work. Only workaround is to switch engine off and back on again. Think he's got a Friday afternoon car cause he's got a noisy waterpump also which the dealer has told him is a common fault on this engine.
cuke
Hi, not happened to all the ones I've tested, stop start has worked fine with both the 1.6 diesel and an ecoboost. I haven't heard of any stop start issues on any other forum yet either.
Chris

Full Colour Version: New Ford Focus Titanium
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615