Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mondeo 2.0ltr 115 tdci fuel comsumption low
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
toppo
hi all ive got a 2005 tdci 115 mondeo with 43 thow on it,, just seviced it my self , oil filters , its got full ford service and aint due yet but i like to keep my car in good condition , ive put a KN filter on it , used magnetex oil ,
my prob is that my fuel mpg as gone down . it was doing over 40 round the town , but now only getting 30 , any one else had this prob , could it be the cold weather ? its a LX model , ive put 18 inch wheels onit , with 225 40 18 tyres , exon light kit ,
thanks mark
mintalkin
has it gone down since the k&n was fitted? theres a good read about fuel econ here
[url="http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/775232/"]http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/775232/[/url]
toppo
[quote name='mintalkin' post='8488' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:54 PM']has it gone down since the k&n was fitted? theres a good read about fuel econ here
[url="http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/775232/"]http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/775232/[/url][/quote] no it was worse till i put the K&N in ,, its a 2005 face lift model , it says on the web sites clean the MAF out but cannot find were this is on mine ? any clues were to locate it ? its doing my head in only gettin 28 - 30 MPG slow driving ? dont realy want to get rid of it as i ove the car > but i do like good MPG cars ?
thanks for ur help cheers mark
mike4369
[quote name='toppo' post='8479' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:08 PM']hi all ive got a 2005 tdci 115 mondeo with 43 thow on it,, just seviced it my self , oil filters , its got full ford service and aint due yet but i like to keep my car in good condition , ive put a KN filter on it , used magnetex oil ,
my prob is that my fuel mpg as gone down . it was doing over 40 round the town , but now only getting 30 , any one else had this prob , could it be the cold weather ? its a LX model , ive put 18 inch wheels onit , with 225 40 18 tyres , exon light kit ,
thanks mark[/quote]
Do you notice any lack of power, smoke on accelerating or a whosing noise. If so check the pipes form the turbo to the inlet ( mine had a split pipe between intercooler and EGR) causing loss of MPG amongst other probs.
mintalkin
on the air intake you should see a square bok with two wires onto it this contains the maf
toppo
[quote name='mintalkin' post='8526' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:57 PM']on the air intake you should see a square bok with two wires onto it this contains the maf[/quote]no i cannot see anything on the air intake pipe ? dont think its got one .. i have seen pics of others with one
the cars runs well , tick over ok no smoke , ive cleanthe the egr valve out today and the inlet manifold , there was abit of gunk in there ? put it back togeather en runs ok ,, still only getting 28 - 30 MPG , thow ,, wat else can i try ,
the car starts first thing , and seems to run good , had a look at the turbo pipe that normaly splits , cannot see anything wrong ? ive tryed injector cleaner , i use bp fuel and shell only / im going to change the fuel filter tomorrow as thats the only thing i aint changed ,, cannot see this improvving the fuel thow ??
thanks for ur help cheers mark
toppo
[quote name='toppo' post='8541' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:29 PM']no i cannot see anything on the air intake pipe ? dont think its got one .. i have seen pics of others with one
the cars runs well , tick over ok no smoke , ive cleanthe the egr valve out today and the inlet manifold , there was abit of gunk in there ? put it back togeather en runs ok ,, still only getting 28 - 30 MPG , thow ,, wat else can i try ,
the car starts first thing , and seems to run good , had a look at the turbo pipe that normaly splits , cannot see anything wrong ? ive tryed injector cleaner , i use bp fuel and shell only / im going to change the fuel filter tomorrow as thats the only thing i aint changed ,, cannot see this improvving the fuel thow ??
thanks for ur help cheers mark[/quote]
bin on a good run to country lanes, getting over 40 mpg now so its getting better ? cleaning the egr valve must of helped ,, think short trips i use it for aint doing it no good ? and cold weather ,
drewtiss
[quote name='mintalkin' post='8526' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:57 PM']on the [url="http://www.partstrain.com/ShopbyBrand/Kool_Vue/Cold_Air_Intake_Filter"]cold air intake filter[/url] you should see a square bok with two wires onto it this contains the maf[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. Finally, an idea has been generated by this post. I was figuring this out for a week now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615