Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Folding Mirror Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
phantomx0_1
My 07 Mondeo ghia x has the power folding mirrors. However the passebger side one folds in without issue but will not fold out again. I can adjust the mirror glass no problems. Any ideas? The drivers mirror works as it should.

Thanks
Bill Badger
[quote name='phantomx0_1' timestamp='1310327098' post='135299']
My 07 Mondeo ghia x has the power folding mirrors. However the passebger side one folds in without issue but will not fold out again. I can adjust the mirror glass no problems. Any ideas? The drivers mirror works as it should.

Thanks
[/quote]

On the basis that it will work in one direction, I think it safe to assume that the supply is ok. This type of unit usually has a relay to switch the motor, and the contacts are set such that they reverse the polarity at the motor to change the direction of travel. It could just be a bad or broken connection to the relay or a bad relay contact. If the mirrors are fed from one relay, then the contacts may be ok and you should start looking for broken wires. If you can get access to the mirror motor, check for volts across the motor connection when you know that it should be moving.

Full Colour Version: Power Folding Mirror Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.