Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
lryan478
Electric windows stopped operating using the window switch but could be operated using the key but now the key will not operate the windows either and they are stuck in the open position. Can anybody help please :angry:
jeebowhite
When you say operate with the key, do you have a titanium model where you hold the buttons for 5 - 10 seconds and it closes all the windows? if so, seems to me like potentially a relay problem,reseat the relay and also check the fuses assosciated with the windows. failing that it could be a broken cable.
lryan478
Thank you, yes i have the titanium model, i checked the fuses and they kept tripping, we eventually traced the problem back to a wiring issue in the boot.
jeebowhite
was it a shortout issue? and how did you fix it? could be useful for others later on?

Full Colour Version: Electrical Problems
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615