Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tuning Dab Radio?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
oilburner
Hi all
just took delivery of my Focus Titanium eco boost. The car has a DAB radio. I have never used a DAB radio before and the handbook does not cover it's tuning.
The radio is Sony
I have pushed the radio button until it says DAB on the display but it just says no channels. If i am listening to normal FM radio it auto changes to DAB though.
How do I tune the DAB channels?

any help greatfully recieved

thanks
cuke
Hi, press auto-tune or auto scan?
Chris
oilburner
Chris

I have tried that and the button appears to do nothing

thanks
adzmcp
Just press the search button (skip cd track button) this will search for a station. If it still shows no channel after its searched move your car and try again. Dab is good but some of the signal for stations are still weak so you have to be in the right area to find them. They also drop out a lot more and a lot easier than fm stations. I currently drive the new c-max with the same radio
cuke
Hi, does linking the DAB to FM stations help?
Chris
oilburner
cheers guy's all sorted - now have 20 + channels
did have to save each one individually as a preset as i couldn't find an option to auto store

thanks
Steve
GORDON MURR
Hi glad you sorted tuning out,please can you tell me if you get scrolling text on DAB stations? I get only a short static text,then it returns to station name.
Thanks for any info.
Gordon

Full Colour Version: Tuning Dab Radio?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.