Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Day Time Running Lights
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
kh85
[size="4"]DRL Lights[/size]

I have just been given a pair Daytime Running Lights, but haven't got a clue how to install them.
They have a Yellow - Black - White wire coming from them.

There wasn't a guide or install manual with them, so I don't know what to do :D

Any help is appreciated.
If you need a pic let me know

thank you
jeebowhite
Sounds like a pair of aftermarkets, or a pair from the likes of Halfords... there will be a fair bit of wiring? are you confident with that?
kh85
Hi there, thanks for the reply..

I believe they are after market ones, i've tried my hardest to find a guide on the net but it's impossible. The ones i do see have Red & Black wires coming from them.. Where as mine have yellow black and white.

I've read somewhere that I might need a "Day Time Running Light Switch Automatic On For DRL Lamp! which turns them on when i power up the engine?

Any guide will help me get a better understanding of what is required..

Thanks again
jeebowhite
There is a thread on this across the Focus board.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/22437-drl-for-ford-focus-2-rest/

you could take a look at http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258795 also.

by the seems of things, you need a relay installing first and foremost, and it needs to be wired into the fuseboard (from my understanding).

best suggestion if you arent too confident, call a few auto electricians, they will be the best bet to get them installed. Otherwise you need a wiring diagram for the DRL module, but the fact it came with nothing doesnt really help.

Also http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3608484 may help.

Hopefully these will give you a good start. I dont recall going across the forums and finding anyone who has completed this, I think I may have seen something in the Fiesta side...?

Sorry its not much help in itself, but hopefully these alternate links may get you somewhere!

If you do go ahead and do this, please feel free to upload a step by step! someone somewhere will love you forever :)
reesmew
[quote name='kh85' timestamp='1310992992' post='136373']
[size="4"]DRL Lights[/size]

I have just been given a pair Daytime Running Lights, but haven't got a clue how to install them.
They have a Yellow - Black - White wire coming from them.

There wasn't a guide or install manual with them, so I don't know what to do :D

Any help is appreciated.
If you need a pic let me know

thank you
[/quote]

I've just fitted a set of these to my focus. If they come from halfords then there is a link to the fitting instructions on the page for the drl's. The ones I fitted were called ursa which have 8 LEDs Per light. The three coloured wires you mention do they come from the small black box that is the relay?
Regards
Martyn

Full Colour Version: Day Time Running Lights
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615