Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta Mk5 1.6
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
slumrat
hi everyone just need some advice.just got a fiesta zetec 1.6 2001.took it to a garage the other day and the man said it was a broken camshaft.car still drove home.does anyone know what kind of problems i will be facing if i try to fix my self.ihave never heard off a broken camshaft.hope to get some replys, thanks neil
stef123
[quote name='slumrat' timestamp='1311106357' post='136614']
hi everyone just need some advice.just got a fiesta zetec 1.6 2001.took it to a garage the other day and the man said it was a broken camshaft.car still drove home.does anyone know what kind of problems i will be facing if i try to fix my self.ihave never heard off a broken camshaft.hope to get some replys, thanks neil
[/quote]

Hello fellow fifer :)

I would have thought a broken cam shaft would have killed the engine.. is the engine noisey from the top end? it may have caused damage to other parts too

the top half of the engine will need to be stripped down, cam cover removed, alternator belt, timing belt and covers removed.

I would hazard a guess that your engine will require a locking kit to do the timing belt, have you got a haynes manual? I would recommend having a look in there first.

Full Colour Version: Fiesta Mk5 1.6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615