Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap Spare Keycutting
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
hhhugues
hiya,i want to cut a spare key for my '05 mondeo,but so far i've only been quoted 60 upwards just for a standard key.Anyone know where i could get one for cheaper ? around leeds if possible !

cheers
btmaldon
Sounds a good price to me.
PumpkinSteve
[quote name='btmaldon' timestamp='1311347109' post='136949']
Sounds a good price to me.
[/quote]

I agree, it's about as cheap as you'll get. It cost me 70 for a MK1 KA key.
hhhugues
damn, thats a pricey business. ok,thanks !
Chipman
I've just been quoted 100+ for a key for my wifes 54 plate Fiesta Finesse by local main dealer. (80 workshop time to decipher the code and 20 for a key blank)! Just bought the car and previous owner had lost one of the keys. Surely there must be a cheaper option?
btmaldon
[quote name='Chipman' timestamp='1312323184' post='138445']
I've just been quoted 100+ for a key for my wifes 54 plate Fiesta Finesse by local main dealer. (80 workshop time to decipher the code and 20 for a key blank)! Just bought the car and previous owner had lost one of the keys. Surely there must be a cheaper option?
[/quote]
Try Timpsons or other key cutting place. They can copy the existing key and its code. Cost me 80 for my wifes SportKA.

Full Colour Version: Cheap Spare Keycutting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.