Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fitting Powerfold Mirrors To Mk6.5 Possible?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Ad_87
Hi, I've just come accross a 6.5 fiesta zetec climate, low milage and a good price, but i'd really like powerfold mirrors would it be possible to get and fit them? If so any idea how easy it would be to get them and at what kind of price?

Cheers,

Ad.
Ad_87
Anyone? :D
jeebowhite
[quote name='Ad_87' timestamp='1311432415' post='137068']
Anyone? :D
[/quote]

I think they are, you can fit a relay and fuse, with a switch, but you need to make sure you upgrade the motors and wingmirrors as well.

Given its a ZC model, the wiring / required looms and things should be there to plug into and modify.

I would probably wait for other suggestions also though.
Ad_87
Cheers for that, So what would i actually need and where could i get the parts from?
jeebowhite
Having not done it myself I cant say everything for definite, however, I would suspect a set of wingmirrors with the motors, and new relay as a start. I think that all the wiring is already in place between the glove box and the windows.
Ad_87
Hey guys, an update for you.. The garage ordered the mirrors in and did some research, rang up this morning and they informed me that it was going to be a mammoth job so they were't going to do it.. :( Apparently the fuse box is different compared to cars that have powerfold mirrors and it would be a long costly job.. Although it is possible..

Can anyone pass comment? Is it really that big a job?

Ad.
Ad_87
Anyone?
jeebowhite
[quote name='Ad_87' timestamp='1311887724' post='137767']
Anyone?
[/quote]

Im struggling to understand how the fusebox can be that different, Im pretty sure it should be the same in the style as it is in the titanium X - I cant offer much more im afraid, that would be speculation and I would hate to give you false hope.

Did they tell you why it was going to be such a "mammoth" job? other than "the fuse box is different?" - surely the more money they make from you the better from them?

....I wonder if they just dont have a clue?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615