Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Egr Valve
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
MARLEY
I have been advised to take off and clean my EGR valve as its ticking over uneven.
Can anybody tell me where it is located?? 2007 focus 2.0 tdci

Many Thanks
Paul
johnH
you can buy a spray that will do this, without the need to take it all apart. search ebay for "wynns egr 3", i used it and noticed a difference in my idling, MPG and speed. brilliant stuff for less then a tenner.
MARLEY
[quote name='johnH' timestamp='1311455448' post='137120']
you can buy a spray that will do this, without the need to take it all apart. search ebay for "wynns egr 3", i used it and noticed a difference in my idling, MPG and speed. brilliant stuff for less then a tenner.
[/quote]
I used it about 3 months ago and initially it made a vast difference but tickover is lumpy again.
A friend of mine spoke to a ford mechanic and he advised me to take off all pipes and egr valve and give a good clean,and this will defo cure it.

Regards
Paul
Karlos
Out of interest, how many miles has your 2.0 TDCi done? Mine's quite low mileage still, so I imagine I'll have this problem at some point in the future!

Full Colour Version: Egr Valve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.