Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Car Warranty
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
paulsere
Hi taking my car in tomorrow to have the crank seal looked at .
Question is if i fit a new radio will it affect my warranty.
Thanks Paul.
jeebowhite
[quote name='paulsere' timestamp='1311501027' post='137163']
Hi taking my car in tomorrow to have the crank seal looked at .
Question is if i fit a new radio will it affect my warranty.
Thanks Paul.
[/quote]

Your warranty can indeed be affected. if you are replacing with an aftermarket unit, they [ford dealers] will claim that anything interfered with / affected during the upgrade can invalidate your warranty.

For example, you will only have the new warranty of the new head unit, but if you have a wiring issue that has "developed" after the original head unit was removed, they can claim its not covered by warranty.
paulsere
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1311508555' post='137170']
Your warranty can indeed be affected. if you are replacing with an aftermarket unit, they [ford dealers] will claim that anything interfered with / affected during the upgrade can invalidate your warranty.

For example, you will only have the new warranty of the new head unit, but if you have a wiring issue that has "developed" after the original head unit was removed, they can claim its not covered by warranty.
[/quote]
Thanks m8 will wait for a while then ..but i feared as much.
jeebowhite
[quote name='paulsere' timestamp='1311509277' post='137171']
Thanks m8 will wait for a while then ..but i feared as much.
[/quote]

If you want a sony unit, the dealer may upgrade it, but again theres no guarantee that they will allow that to keep the validity.

Full Colour Version: New Car Warranty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.