Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam Belts
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
owls4ever
Hello all,
I have a Focus Edge 1.6, just tripped the 90,000 mile mark and i got to thinking about cam belts cos my mate just recently had his replaced.
I havent had mine replaced since i got the car when 4 years back, and to be fair i had no reason to i suppose.

So a few questions really just to put my mind at ease -
1) Are there any symptons which the car gives which would potentially flag up that the cam belt has had enough?

2) When the cam belt does go i have assumed it just snaps and thats it?

3) Is there any mileage in asking my mechanic to take a look at the belt? or will this cause more hassle than anything? (Is the cam belt easily accessible for a mechanic??)

Any help / advice would be much appreciated

Nice one :)

Andy
mintalkin
there will be no warning signals, when the belt goes it will usually go with a bang and take your valves with it,ford say 100000 miles or ten years but i would do it sooner than later, its better to pay for a cambelt change than pay for the valves when it lets go.

Full Colour Version: Cam Belts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.