Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Focus Diesel 2.0 28 Week Wait
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
stugga
As someone else in another thread said,

After a phonecall to Ford today, they confirmed that it will be a 22-28 week wait for a 2.0 tdci version of the focus, there are very few standard models in dealer stock.

Due to parts from Japan apparently

My second option was a 2.0 golf which i have also been advised has the same wait if not longer
stugga
Now gotta debate if i should just order it or go for the 150 ecoboost.

does anyone know if the ecoboost is as torquey as a diesel?
Nigel S
I would go petrol every time, wait or no wait.

If you want a diesel then you should wait for the car you really want.
cuke
[quote name='stugga' timestamp='1311624197' post='137317']
Now gotta debate if i should just order it or go for the 150 ecoboost.

does anyone know if the ecoboost is as torquey as a diesel?
[/quote]

Hi stugga, depends upon what diesel you are comparing it too. Compared to the 140ps diesel Ford's midrange of 8.6secs suggests it is as good, but not quite as good as the 163ps. In driving one I found the torque useful, much more then the 1.6 diesel, but it was no comparison to my remapped 2.0l mondeo, but then it never could be. It has grunt though, better than most petrol engines, just not like the diesels.
Chris
johnS
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1311696331' post='137417']
Hi stugga, depends upon what diesel you are comparing it too. Compared to the 140ps diesel Ford's midrange of 8.6secs suggests it is as good, but not quite as good as the 163ps. In driving one I found the torque useful, much more then the 1.6 diesel, but it was no comparison to my remapped 2.0l mondeo, but then it never could be. It has grunt though, better than most petrol engines, just not like the diesels.
Chris
[/quote]

sorry to derail the thread a little, but what is "grunt" I keep hearing about?
cuke
Hi John, sorry, I use the word to illustrate mid-range acceleration, torque, or the effect of being pushed back in the seat when you put down the throttle pedal. It is not the power(ps) output that causes this.
Chris
johnS
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1311700393' post='137424']
Hi John, sorry, I use the word to illustrate mid-range acceleration, torque, or the effect of being pushed back in the seat when you put down the throttle pedal. It is not the power(ps) output that causes this.
Chris
[/quote]

oh I see, thanks cuke
stugga
thanks cuke, thats all i needed to know, petrols always seem a little flat in some areas.

just bit the bullet and pressed the order button

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.