Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missfire On Cylinder 3
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
chezney1988
Hi
I recently bought a 2002 mk3 mondeo 1.8duratec with fsh all in all a nice car, after having the car a week the car developed a miss at low revs under acceleration, untill about 2200 revs after that its fine. I took it home and changed the plugs oil and filters ect. This did not sort the problem out so i then pressure tested all cylinders to find out pot 3 is down to about 70 psi and the rest are nicely just over 250-260 psi . I have spent a while readin thruogh the pages on the internet and have heard of a problem with (SWIRL VALVES) or (BUTTERFLY FLAPS). Does any one have any advice for me about this topic as stuck in a bit of a rut i am debaiting pulling the engine out and getting a relacement wich isnt cheap or taking the head off to see if thers a valve thats possibly been damaged do to failiure of swirl valves.

Any recomendations or advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Patrick
mintalkin
it could be that the engine has swallowed a swirl flap, without removing the valve cover/head its difficult to say, did you get any warranty with the car?
chezney1988
[quote name='mintalkin' timestamp='1311779832' post='137518']
it could be that the engine has swallowed a swirl flap, without removing the valve cover/head its difficult to say, did you get any warranty with the car?
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply no didnt get a warranty with the car as i bought privatley i have had the rocket cover off but couldnt see anything because of lifters hiding the valves dreading taking the head off as thers a mountain of stuff to remove remember and replace like gaskets head bolts inlet manifold ect ect and if it has swallowed a swirl valve im hopeing and praying it hasnt took a chunk out of the head or pot or worse ;)
mintalkin
good info here
http://www.robertjenkins.co.uk/mondeo/index.php

Full Colour Version: Missfire On Cylinder 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615