Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Light Bulbs
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Tanktop3
Hi all,like most people i like to have spare bulbs with me so i looked at my bulb kit from my old car. most are ok but not the stop & tail bulb. on my 09 focus 1.6tdi eocteh they are red bulbs as the lenes are clear. so went to halfords, no joy. the same at my local car parts shop, no joy there. so to ebay! i got 2 for £3.95 but when i got them the pins on the side of the bulbs were not off set like the ford ones, they will go with a bit of force and work but not ideal. but i bet ford would be more than £3.95 for two.
catch
Oh you can post more often, I love it when peeps supply photo's with the post :)
Nigel S
I wouldn't advise forcing them in because you could easily damage the holder.

Your handbook should tell you the type. The pins are offset so you cannot fit a clear bulb (which only come with opposing pins). Red bulbs are avalable with offset pins for standard fit (scuh as your Focus) and opposing pins for aftermarket clear light units.
jeebowhite
tanktop - you got Catch's seal of approval - that is always a good thing ;) im sure this will come in useful for others later down the line!

Full Colour Version: Brake Light Bulbs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.