Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Leaking Around The Airbox Pipe
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
marrak1967
HI TO ALL THE SUPER TECHS,MY BROTHERS CAR 2002 focus 1.6 zetec IS LEAKING OIL FROM THE PIPE GOING INTO THE AIRBOX HE THOUGHT IT WAS FROM GEARBOX BUT I LOOKED AT IT TONIGHT AND IT SEEMS TO BE FROM AIR BOX PIPE AT THE BOTTOM AND OIL LOOKS A LITTLE GUNKED UP?.ALSO HIS CAR HAD BATTERY CHANGE AND LOST RADIO CODE SERIAL NUMBER IS M368154.RADIO IS 6000CD MODEL.ANY HELP PLEASE.MICHAEL
artscot79
[quote name='marrak1967' timestamp='1311977010' post='137907']
HI TO ALL THE SUPER TECHS,MY BROTHERS CAR 2002 focus 1.6 zetec IS LEAKING OIL FROM THE PIPE GOING INTO THE AIRBOX HE THOUGHT IT WAS FROM GEARBOX BUT I LOOKED AT IT TONIGHT AND IT SEEMS TO BE FROM AIR BOX PIPE AT THE BOTTOM AND OIL LOOKS A LITTLE GUNKED UP?.ALSO HIS CAR HAD BATTERY CHANGE AND LOST RADIO CODE SERIAL NUMBER IS M368154.RADIO IS 6000CD MODEL.ANY HELP PLEASE.MICHAEL
[/quote]

the pipe going into the airbox is just a crank breather hose so the pcv valve is likely gunked up take the pipe off and clean it out all gunked up shows oil changes have been neglected check inside the airbox theres a small filter to catch the oil vapours it may well need changed you get it in the air filter kit code is 1579
marrak1967
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1312023210' post='137939']
the pipe going into the airbox is just a crank breather hose so the pcv valve is likely gunked up take the pipe off and clean it out all gunked up shows oil changes have been neglected check inside the airbox theres a small filter to catch the oil vapours it may well need changed you get it in the air filter kit code is 1579
[/quote]
Thanks mate is that the repair kit code or radio code.Will let my brother know and try and get this sorted for him.
artscot79
[quote name='marrak1967' timestamp='1312024130' post='137942']
Thanks mate is that the repair kit code or radio code.Will let my brother know and try and get this sorted for him.
[/quote]

sorry shouldve put a . in there thats the radio code
marrak1967
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1312059706' post='138011']
sorry shouldve put a . in there thats the radio code
[/quote]
THANKS MATE WILL HAVE A GO LATER.CHEERS.
jeebowhite
not an answer to your question, but whatch out, as typing capitals can be percieved as shouting, just to make it easier on fellow club owners eyes and there mental ears :)
marrak1967
Ok sorry will watch that.
marrak1967
[quote name='marrak1967' timestamp='1312120060' post='138067']
THANKS MATE WILL HAVE A GO LATER.CHEERS.
[/quote]
Thanks mate radio code worked a treat.where is the pcv valve located,is it on that pipe that goes to airbox.cheers michael

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615