Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Right Break Light Turn On While Ignition Off
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
Razdar
Hi,

I own a 2008 smax and two weeks ago started having the following problem. The dealer has no clue and is trying various things to no avail for 4 days already.
The issue is that about an hour after I turn off the ignition, the break lights on the right side are turning on. It can take 30 min or couple hours and sometimes it doesn't happen at all but I had situations when it turned on all night.

I noticed that when it happens and I tuern the ignition on, the right signal is blinking. The way to turn it off it to turn the lights on and off while ignition is off.

Has anyone ever seen this problem?

Thanks
mintalkin
it is a knwown issue with the Smax which ford know about, fiting a new indicator stalk should resolve the issue.
The light you're seeing at the back is the "parking" light - which suggests the car thinks you left the indicator switched pointing right. As mintalkin suggests, sounds very much like a defective indicator switch/stalk.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.