Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint Repair
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
c.brankin
Hi All.

I have recently brought a new 2011 Ford KA studio and love it.

It treat it with pride and am now gutted to find out someone has hit it :( and chipped off the paint from around the back left hand wheel (see image attached). Also they didn't leave a note and now i have to claim on my own insurance.

as a new driver I dont really want to have to do this. Does anybody know if its possible to get ford (or other provider) to re-spray (fix) the paint that has been chipped away. and if so how much the process will cost.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Chris
btmaldon
It may be worth getting Chips Away or a similar company to sort it. I wouldnt go to the main dealer as they would do similar and then charge a premium on top.

As it is a solid colour, I would be tempted to have a go it yourself. The majority of the marks look like they could be removed with scratch remover or applying a mixture of wax and T-cut. The chip itself could be touched in.

Its always a pain when ignorant drivers knock your car. The amount of times an idiot has openned his car door against mine without a care for what damage they cause. Unfortunately you are always going to come across cretins like that.
jeebowhite
You could get it fixed for around 80 quid by chips away :)
c.brankin
Thanks both of you for your replies.

I'm now awaiting a quote from Chips Away :D

I really hope they can sort it out. I'll post the outcome!!

Chris

Full Colour Version: Paint Repair
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.