Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo Estate 2003 2.0Tdci Wont Start
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
dazg
Hi all,
I have a 2003 mondeo estate 2.0TDCI, It wont start and when turning the key to position 2 nothing happens, I get the lights on the dash and mileage comes up but no sound from anything including the starter motor. I have checked the battery and its fine and no fuses are blown. When i turn the key to position 3 the mileage goes off and nothing again. I have tried bump starting and jump starting but nothing. All i can think is maybe something as earthed out or a wire has come loose but i cannot find anything to prove this. Any help would be very much appreciated thank you.
jeebowhite
[quote name='dazg' timestamp='1312301806' post='138390']
Hi all,
I have a 2003 mondeo estate 2.0TDCI, It wont start and when turning the key to position 2 nothing happens, I get the lights on the dash and mileage comes up but no sound from anything including the starter motor. I have checked the battery and its fine and no fuses are blown. When i turn the key to position 3 the mileage goes off and nothing again. I have tried bump starting and jump starting but nothing. All i can think is maybe something as earthed out or a wire has come loose but i cannot find anything to prove this. Any help would be very much appreciated thank you.
[/quote]

Get your multimeter out, put the car to electrics and see if there is any current going to the starter motor, as its not turning at all, I suspect that it could have a broken wire. the earth (I dont believe) would stop your car doing all this all together. having said that, I could be wrong.
dazg
Thank you for your response, As long as i have tested the correct wire i got no reading from it. I checked the wire that went into the side of the starter motor and was in red casing.
dazg
Just checked and yes its the starter motor. The only thing is there is a live that goes straight to it from the battery and one that goes from the fuse box, i don't understand why that would be like that.
jeebowhite
so there is no current going to the starter from what you just checked?

If thats the case I am a bit curious if you say the battery is ok and there is a live wire straight from there through to the starter and you touched the main contact point, is the wire boken at all?

As for going to the glovebox, I am not sure why... just check for breaks in the cabling, and make sure that the battery definitaly is good.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615