Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 08 Plate 2.0Tdci Mondeo Edge
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
dc1978
Hello

Ive been a ford focus owner for over 6 years now and have now decided to look for a new car when i came across a 08 2.0 tdci mondeo but it has 123,000 just wanted a little advice on what i should be looking in terms of problems if anyone can help i would be grateful..
mintalkin
some of the common faults are,

injectors - the delphi injectors are not the most reliable and often loose there code or pack up all togeather so look for black smoke

aux belt - this can start to vibrate,you have to replace the belt and pulleys to cure, sound like a drumming noise on tickover

egr valve - these can become choked and give out fault codes, its a simple job to clean but a messy one

intercooler hose - these can split creating black smoke and a flat spot at around 1800rpm, its the big hose from the bottom of the egr valve

alloy wheels - these can flake because of the brake dust eating into them

any kind of rattle or noise from the clutch area could be a failing DMF at around 800 to replace not cheap

starter problems is also another sign of a failing dmf as the swarf blocks up the starter

and because of the weight of the engine front tyres will not last much more than 14000 miles.

Full Colour Version: 08 Plate 2.0Tdci Mondeo Edge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.