Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have you got a name for you car?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Steve

Do any of you have nick names for your car? Berty, Gerty?

Mines christine as it’s got a mind of it’s own LOL

DanGull
Mine's Frosty
Danny87
Haha yeah I've called my new Fiesta Fiona B)

The Punto I had before my Fiesta, I called Polly. She soon broke my heart on the MOT though and failed with rotten floorpan and sills.

My sister's boyfriend has a Fiesta Zetec S on a 51 plate and she drives it, she called it Fifi but her boyfriend hates it lol.
jeebowhite
My first car, Citroen AX N reg was Duncan, my 54 Fieta was Greg, my 55 Focus was Fred, and the Cee'd is yet to be christened...
2011fiesta
I tried to name mine but couldn't think of one that just clicked :(
fiesta_lad
My fiesta mk5 is called molly :D
2011fiesta
So the majority think of their Fiesta as female... is that because of 'Fiesta' generally sounding like a female word rather than male, or just because most cars get referred to as 'she' etc by their owners?
jeebowhite
I look at the car overall, primarily the horn! if the horn is wussy I tend to call mine by female names (thinking thats the way the Cee'd will go!) but the other cars I had, especially the focus had much more meaty horns - not to appear sexist - but I cant really imagine a meaty horn on a car with a female name?
2011fiesta
Hmm that's interesting, I never thought about the horn being the decider of a cars gender lol
Danny87
lol that's a good question, why is it that most of the time we refer to our cars as 'she' and 'her'..

I think in my case I couldn't see cars being anything other than 'she' and 'her'. The majority of the times ships are regarded as female. Using the tone of the horn to decide sounds like a good idea! That means mopeds would always be considered as teenage girls :D lol
2011fiesta
[quote name='Danny87' timestamp='1312457250' post='138608']
lol that's a good question, why is it that most of the time we refer to our cars as 'she' and 'her'..

I think in my case I couldn't see cars being anything other than 'she' and 'her'. The majority of the times ships are regarded as female. Using the tone of the horn to decide sounds like a good idea! That means mopeds would always be considered as teenage girls :D lol
[/quote]

Lol.

So is the fiesta mk7 horn boyish or girlish? - I can't recall ever thinking wow that's manly/sissyish last time I honked the horn
Danny87
I don't think I've ever heard, or actually listened that carefully to the tone of the MK7 horn lol :D

My MK5 Fiesta has a really nice loud and meaty horn, compared to my Punto anyway. But she's already been christened as Fiona now so it's too late to change lol.
elephantman
I've always named my cars James and I usually call them Jimmy. My first one (Renault 19) was James, my second one (A Fiesta was Junior) and my current car is Jimmy the third :D
Gazjs
No name here :lol: Interesting about the horns :D
DanGull
I'm changing mine - to Empty - because that's exactly what it's done to my wallet in the past week!! :angry: :huh:
Gazjs
[quote name='DanGull' timestamp='1312478022' post='138657']
I'm changing mine - to Empty - because that's exactly what it's done to my wallet in the past week!! :angry: :huh:
[/quote]
Take it by the ":angry:" its not on presents :lol:
andy_1984
yeah, mines is called piecea poo
2011fiesta
[quote name='andy_1984' timestamp='1312485956' post='138675']
yeah, mines is called piecea poo
[/quote]

lmao, dare I ask why or is it a sensitive suject.
andy_1984
engine runs terribly rough despite changing iac, pcv hose/valve, etc etc. mechanics say its this some say its that and so on. i only put up with it because it runs on lpg
jeebowhite
A good enough reason I guess, although some would claim its the LPG causing the rough runnings...
Flic
Mines called Fabio... Long and boring story as to why :unsure:
Kirky the KA
Mines called Kirky :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615