Full Version: Am Radio Interference
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
GLYN JONES
FORD FOCUS TDci 2007 6000CD

INTERFERENCE ON AM BAND RADIO

WHEN STOPED OK
WHEN ENGIN RUNNING TERIBLE
DOES NOT GET ANY WORSE IF YOU REV
TURN OF ENGINE AND INTERFERENCE STILL THERE FOR 30 SECONDS SOUND NOW LIKE OLD HIGH SPEED TELEX, RADIO HAM OR COMPUTER
AERAL IS GROUNDING OK
AERAL PLUG IS IN OK
CANNOT SEE EARTHING POINT BEHIND RADIO
HELP
jeebowhite
The AM frequency is bad at the best of times, so dont look at it as being an issue with your car. the engine running or not will not have any impact on your receiving of the signal.

Are you still using an original aerial, if not and you are using a replacement this will degrade the quality slightly.
Nigel S
Most Cortinas had this problem in the 1970's.
GLYN JONES
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1312445358' post='138579']
The AM frequency is bad at the best of times, so dont look at it as being an issue with your car. the engine running or not will not have any impact on your receiving of the signal.

Are you still using an original aerial, if not and you are using a replacement this will degrade the quality slightly.
[/quote]

The AM signal perfect when engine not running
New aerial slight improvement on old original aerial being longer
When engine is running mush just blanks out the signal
Earth on aerial good
I hear that ford clean the earthing point at the back of the dash
Cannot see it without taking dash apart, I will not take dash apart
jeebowhite
I never really had a good signal on AM, engine on or off, I thought that was the norm...

...Hopefully you can get it, I suppose the only thing it could be is the electrical interference from all the parts when they are started, maybe an electromagnetic field from the alternator is causing the problem?

Full Colour Version: Am Radio Interference
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.