Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead Mondeo
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Janiea
Hi Guys, being a new member and a new owner of a ford, thought I would ask you as enthusiasts if you could help me to diagnose my car problem. I am a petrol head in general and this particular problem tells me it's a fuel problem, however unsure as to which part would cause it??
I bought the car from Ebay!! I know not the best place to buy cars, but any way in 5 days done approx 500 miles problem free, but last night my engine started jerking intermittently, giving me short bursts of power followed by no power, then the power would return for a few yards and then repeat all over again. Finally when I slowed to a junction in the road, I had to come to a stop and the engine stalled here. It did start again, chuffing out plumes of Blue smoke, however following a 500 yard distance of slowly failing power the engine died and refused to start up again at all.
My initial thoughts are Fuel pump, or turbo.
Any thoughts welcomed!!!
Thank you!
mintalkin
it could be a fuel delivery problem so check the simple stuff first like fuel filter/air filter, the blue smoke is a worry and suggests oil being burnt,the two common faults on the oil side are valve steam oil seals or the turbo seals leaking.
fishpond 47
might help if you say what mondeo you have ie petrol or desiel
ronnie2345
it the sender next to the tank i had the same problem

Full Colour Version: Dead Mondeo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.